Vocati Socratem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philosophia efere epististemosune. Philosophia ferei epististemosune.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abortion

Go down 
+3
KyleG
Rehua
DOOKIE
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DOOKIE
DOOKIE

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Should be allowed. Period.
Back to top Go down
https://vocatrem.forumotion.com
DOOKIE
DOOKIE

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 1:55 pm

PRO CHOICE FOR LIFE BITCHES

I'll give my reasons why once I find someone who disagrees with me.
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Haha, it's the choice of the mothers. If they cannot raise a child, and don't want to put it for adoption, it should be allowed. Also, if the mother or the baby could die by the birth, abortion should be allowed.
Back to top Go down
KyleG
Administrator
Administrator
KyleG

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Depends i think that it only should be allowed for women that don't know shit about raising On the other hand i think it's a kind of murder in a way.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 8:03 pm

I think abortion is wrong because it only encourages carelessness among humans, it makes them believe that they could take someone's life away just because they were too lazy to wear a condom. I think that it should only be allowed when the baby was put inside of the girl forcefully (rape)
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 8:37 pm

And wearing a condom isn't taking away life?
Back to top Go down
James
Administrator
Administrator
James

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 9:02 pm

I think it has to be allowed, and left entirely up to the mother. Who are we to FORCE them to raise a child if they don't want to? To condemn a child to being brought up by parents who don't want to raise them, or can not afford it but are too proud to put them up for adoption.

Of course, the best alternative is to provide birth control to all citizens via tax money. People need to be more responsible.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 9:39 pm

James wrote:
Of course, the best alternative is to provide birth control to all citizens via tax money. People need to be more responsible.

I completely agree with that
Back to top Go down
The Summer of Love
The Summer of Love

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 5:07 am

Well, I think you should be able to in cases of rape and stuff Neutral

Btw condoms in the gas station bathroom are 4 quarters each and anyone can get them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/100percentbored
James
Administrator
Administrator
James

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 5:46 am

Unfortunately, sex is so demonized in modern society (at least here in America) that a lot of youths are afraid to purchase any birth control and risk having that discovered, and would rather risk not using it.

Not to mention many sex education classes are either inaccurate, or the teacher is too uncomfortable to teach certain aspects...
(Plus parents need to be more willing to teach their children certain things.)
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 5:57 am

James wrote:
Unfortunately, sex is so demonized in modern society (at least here in America) that a lot of youths are afraid to purchase any birth control and risk having that discovered, and would rather risk not using it.

Not to mention many sex education classes are either inaccurate, or the teacher is too uncomfortable to teach certain aspects...
(Plus parents need to be more willing to teach their children certain things.)

Well i think that people have sex too much in America, when people have sex before they even admit that they love each other, something is horribly wrong, like Abortion 606300
Back to top Go down
DOOKIE
DOOKIE

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 am

Rehua wrote:
And wearing a condom isn't taking away life?

This. Also, a woman should have control over her own body.
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 11:35 am

America is one of the countries with the most teenage pregnancies, mainly because of the bad sex education. Where I live, in Holland we barely have teenage pregnancies because of the good sex ed. And that's what really matters, the knowledge of what can happen, and the responsibility. That's what people have to get before they have sex.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 9:36 pm

But it's also because here in America, the stereotype "cool guy" is the one that bangs a new chick every night, and the stereotype "cool girl" is the slut that sleeps with 6 guys at a time. The aspect of being a normal human being and only having sex with the person that matters to you has gone straight down the drain
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 9:38 pm

CAPS LOCK wrote:
But it's also because here in America, the stereotype "cool guy" is the one that bangs a new chick every night, and the stereotype "cool girl" is the slut that sleeps with 6 guys at a time. The aspect of being a normal human being and only having sex with the person that matters to you has gone straight down the drain
Oh gawd, really? Haha.

Crazy people.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Rehua wrote:
CAPS LOCK wrote:
Oh gawd, really? Haha.

Crazy people.

Just take a look at most of the movies released today, it is betrayed as awesome if you have sex with someone you hardly know. I don't know how this mentality came to be, but it's going to stay for a while -_-
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 pm

CAPS LOCK wrote:
Rehua wrote:
CAPS LOCK wrote:
Oh gawd, really? Haha.

Crazy people.

Just take a look at most of the movies released today, it is betrayed as awesome if you have sex with someone you hardly know. I don't know how this mentality came to be, but it's going to stay for a while -_-

Movies are way different than reality.
Back to top Go down
James
Administrator
Administrator
James

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 1:05 am

It is true that the society in America, while completely demonizing sex and showing fear in discussing it schools, also cashes in on it. CAPS LOCK is correct, just look at how many movies and television series exist that glorify teenage pregnancy and parenthood. Or shows like that one about the family with 12 kids. People seem to reproduce simply in the hopes of drawing more attention. And because schools don't address the consequences, this creates problems.
Back to top Go down
DOOKIE
DOOKIE

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 1:09 am

So? Are you pro-choice or wut?
Back to top Go down
James
Administrator
Administrator
James

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 am

Yes, I am pro-choice
Back to top Go down
Jake

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 1:27 am

James wrote:
It is true that the society in America, while completely demonizing sex and showing fear in discussing it schools, also cashes in on it. CAPS LOCK is correct, just look at how many movies and television series exist that glorify teenage pregnancy and parenthood. Or shows like that one about the family with 12 kids. People seem to reproduce simply in the hopes of drawing more attention. And because schools don't address the consequences, this creates problems.

I completely agree. People just want to be in the spur of the moment and do not even consider the possible consequences that could arise in the future. If people took the time to think about their actions prior to doing so, there would be no need for abortions. It's somewhat difficult to blame teenagers for the rise in teenage pregnancies. The teenage brain is very fragile as it is not fully developed yet, especially the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, which is the main part of the brain that functions in decision making, or determining right for wrong. And, with what James said, the media is displaying many actions that would encourage younger and younger people to have sex, and this causes hormones to have an even larger effect on the body and the actions of the person. In regards to abortion, I believe if the person has consent with his or her parents and can pay for it, they should have a right to have an abortion. It's all in regards to what your morales are. Some people believe that you are killing a living being, and others believe that the fetus is not old enough to consider it "killing." Personally, I believe if the fetus is young enough, people should have the right to an abortion, even though I believe that it should not be necessary.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 3:09 am

Jake wrote:
James wrote:

I completely agree. People just want to be in the spur of the moment and do not even consider the possible consequences that could arise in the future. If people took the time to think about their actions prior to doing so, there would be no need for abortions. It's somewhat difficult to blame teenagers for the rise in teenage pregnancies. The teenage brain is very fragile as it is not fully developed yet, especially the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, which is the main part of the brain that functions in decision making, or determining right for wrong. And, with what James said, the media is displaying many actions that would encourage younger and younger people to have sex, and this causes hormones to have an even larger effect on the body and the actions of the person. In regards to abortion, I believe if the person has consent with his or her parents and can pay for it, they should have a right to have an abortion. It's all in regards to what your morales are. Some people believe that you are killing a living being, and others believe that the fetus is not old enough to consider it "killing." Personally, I believe if the fetus is young enough, people should have the right to an abortion, even though I believe that it should not be necessary.

I'm 14 and i am mature enough to think before do stupid things such as having sex.
The answer to all of this = Make all public schooling illegal, and force parents to homeschool their kids JK Razz
Back to top Go down
The Summer of Love
The Summer of Love

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Yes, teen pregnancy is probably from poor sex ed. This is because the US is full of softies and morons that don't believe in teaching kids, or that teaching them about sex would make them more inclined to partake in such activities. But, no one expects Americans to be smart. I certainly don't. I like being smarter than the majority of my age. Whatever age that might be in however long from now I keep this notion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/100percentbored
Jake

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 11:20 pm

The Summer of Love wrote:
Yes, teen pregnancy is probably from poor sex ed. This is because the US is full of softies and morons that don't believe in teaching kids, or that teaching them about sex would make them more inclined to partake in such activities. But, no one expects Americans to be smart. I certainly don't. I like being smarter than the majority of my age. Whatever age that might be in however long from now I keep this notion.

Poor sex ed is definately part of the reason for more teen pregnancies, but it is only one of many influences that drives teenage pregnancies. And I dont think americans are necessarily "morons" when it comes to the lack of sex ed, but rather I believe we are all just lazy for the most part. Majority of Americans are lazy, and we are probably the laziest country in the world, and I doubt anyone would disagree with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abortion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abortion   Abortion Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Abortion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vocati Socratem :: Debate and Philosophy :: Debate-
Jump to: