Vocati Socratem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philosophia efere epististemosune. Philosophia ferei epististemosune.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VS Shop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abiohazard
Abiohazard

VS Shop Empty
PostSubject: VS Shop   VS Shop Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2010 4:01 am

I have seen these in many successful forums, and I find it very interesting and fun. However, it does require some work to manage, and make sure every transaction is handled properly.

The basic concept, for those who don't know, is for a section used to spend "cash". This cash is an additional meter, shown in the left of each of your posts, under Reputation. We can call it "VS Cash". This "VS Cash" can be earned by posting, some sections earn more "VS Cash" than others. The shop section is where users can request to transact their "VS Cash" for items like professional signatures, avatars, be creative.

I can volunteer to help run the Shop as a Shop Manager of some sort. This new position would just be to edit prices, make sure transactions go through with the Admins, who have to deduct "VS Cash".

I find this feature very fun, and could make our forums even better.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

VS Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS Shop   VS Shop Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2010 4:03 am

I don't know if this forum is mature enough for something like this, but i will add the points to start everybody off
Back to top Go down
Abiohazard
Abiohazard

VS Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS Shop   VS Shop Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2010 4:06 am

I understand, but planning to add the feature won't hurt. It may help compel people to post more, leading to more active members.
Back to top Go down
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

VS Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS Shop   VS Shop Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2010 4:16 am

I added the points system, but it's not visible anywhere yet until the forum matures

Abiohazard wrote:
I understand, but planning to add the feature won't hurt. It may help compel people to post more, leading to more active members.

We'll definitely add it into consideration
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

VS Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS Shop   VS Shop Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2010 2:29 pm

Well, I've thought about this feature before, but couldn't come to think of things to actually add to this shop. Besides that, I think it's unneeded on a discussion forum. Unless you can come with good arguments to add this feature, I'm not convinced.
Back to top Go down
https://vocatrem.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

VS Shop Empty
PostSubject: Re: VS Shop   VS Shop Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

VS Shop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vocati Socratem :: Before You Get Started... ::   :: The Support :: Suggestions-
Jump to: