Vocati Socratem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philosophia efere epististemosune. Philosophia ferei epististemosune.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Empty
PostSubject: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 9:41 pm

First of all: Nessy, the monster of Loch Ness. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch_Ness_Monster
I don't believe it's real; if there's one, there have to be thousands. And those mythological animals are about the size of a Pleiosaur, a dinosaur Nessy has been linked with. This ancient aquatic reptile could grow up to twenty meters in size. Thousands of these animals in the Loch Ness lake? It's a big lake, but not big enough to keep thousands of prehistoric animals undiscovered with our current technology. Besides all that, I'm posting this report of the BBC:
Quote :
Searching for the Loch Ness Monster BBC (2003)

In 2003, the BBC sponsored a full search of the Loch using 600 separate sonar beams and satellite tracking. The search had enough resolution to pick up a small buoy. No animal of any substantial size was found whatsoever and despite high hopes, the scientists involved in the expedition admitted that this essentially proved the Loch Ness monster was only a myth.

That is enough information to bust this myth.

Myth busted!
(Hah, it's great to say that and not be a walrus, poor Jamie Hyneman Razz)

Last edited by Rehua on Sun May 02, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://vocatrem.forumotion.com
CAPS LOCK
Administrator
Administrator
CAPS LOCK

PostSubject: Re: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 9:49 pm

I think that (like many ancient stories) mythological tales and monsters are only medaphores used to describe the deep and complex workings of the human soul
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

PostSubject: Re: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1Sun May 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Exactly. Just like religion.
Back to top Go down
The Summer of Love
The Summer of Love

PostSubject: Re: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 5:21 am

And who gave you a soul.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/100percentbored
James
Administrator
Administrator
James

PostSubject: Re: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 5:50 am

CAPS LOCK wrote:
I think that (like many ancient stories) mythological tales and monsters are only medaphores used to describe the deep and complex workings of the human soul
That, along with any other occurrence that could not be explained at the time, such as where life came from, how the sun and moon 'rise', the introduction of language.. Humans have long attempted to come up with ways to comprehend such happenings, and now that we are able to understand so much more, in my opinion it is really ridiculous to cling onto such obsolete superstitions.
Back to top Go down
DOOKIE
DOOKIE

PostSubject: Re: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 9:29 am

Souls are bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Rehua
Administrator
Administrator
Rehua

PostSubject: Re: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 11:32 am

The Summer of Love wrote:
And who gave you a soul.
My parents gave me life Wink.
Back to top Go down
DOOKIE
DOOKIE

PostSubject: Re: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 1:44 pm

No one here has a life.

(Kidding).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness   Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mythology: Is it real? Monster of Loch Ness
Page 1 of 1